Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hollywood half marathon

I did it! I ran my second half marathon.





I really did not think I was going to be able to attend this race. I signed up for it months ago and the plan was for the hubby to come with me so he could help me drive ( 8 hours), drop me off and watch the kids.

His work schedule changed and he was not able to come with me. At the last minute, I decided to go alone (well, with 3 kids and a dog)



It all started at Universal Studios Hollywood.

This was the inaugural race so there were lots of bumps on the road.

Getting our package and bib was a nightmare, the traffic was terrible and the wait to get into the hotel parking was long.

There was no bag check race morning

They ran out of water cups in the middle of the race, we had to drink water with our cupped hands, I saw some runners actually go into restaurants for some water

We were suppose to be shuttled to the parking structure after the race, but we were actually made to walk.

Anyway, I still had a good time!




And it starts





Running though the streets of Hollywood









The Hollywood Hill



walk of fame



It was a tough course. Lots of hills! but that just made for a good challange


No comments: