Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday to Me!

So what does a gal do for her big 3-o birthday?


IMG_2476-1








ROAD TRIP.............Well, sort of.


We made the big move from Oregon to Arizona. It was a very interesting drive. We drove over rivers, next to snowy mountains, rocky mountains, through fragrant orange orchards and stinky cow farms, by fields of GIANT wind harvesting wind mills in the desert and to the land of cactus!

I actually got to spend my birthday morning with my family in California. We stopped there along the way to drop off some stuff and to say Hi to the familia. My brother in law Jarom came along and he has been a huge help.

Here's an interesting treat we tried along the way

IMG_2324

Yes, the BACON MAPLE SUNDAY. Its available at Denny's. Joe just had to have one. I had a taste and it was not bad. but I'm a bacon lover.

IMG_2326
The maple syrup was in the bottom. I was not to sure about that. maple syrup and ice cream do not mix.

And what road trip isn't complete without car trouble? yep. Driving from California to Arizona my AC broke and then my car started overheating. We had to switch out cars, you see, I was driving my SUV and Joe was driving the Uhaul and hauling his truck. We ended up switching my car for his truck.

IMG_2342

IMG_2338
The kids seeking some shade

IMG_2339
See the palm trees in the back? Sophie calls them pom pom trees :)

IMG_2340

So that's how I spent my birthday weekend.

Our First Arizona moon

IMG_2349
Beautiful

1 comment:

Shara said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!