Thursday, May 5, 2011

Feliz Cinco De Mayo

On the morning of May 5, 1862 4,000 Mexican soldiers smashed the French and traitor Mexican army of 8,000 at Puebla, Mexico, 100 miles east of Mexico City. Even though they were outnumbered by the best Army at that time the poorly armed Mexicans won.


Today was a great day to celebrate with my favorite Mexican dish, Bean soup. usually it does not include steak but since I'm pre-diabetic I have to eat more protein than carbs.

IMG_2912
my "pico de gallo" cilantro, onion, tomato and lime

IMG_2903-1

Perfect day to wear my Mexican dress as well. This dress was sent to me by my aunt in Mexico. I love it!

My Evie also sported her Mexican outfit we got her on our Mexican cruise last year
IMG_2927
It got bleached out so I added color to the fabric by boiling it with coffee. Hey it worked. its more of a tan color now.

IMG_2923

I decorated the table with a Christmas table cloth and a Mexican zarape that my momma got me from Mexico.
IMG_2949
used some of my vintage Pyrex, Tupperware and mason jars.
IMG_2947
YUM!

Beans, white rice,soft white cheese, pico de gallo, and steak. I usually add shredded tortilla into the bowl but that would definitely put me into a diabetic coma.

and its not a Mexican meal without Horchata which is a rice/cinnamon drink


IMG_2950

IMG_2955

No comments: