Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Yummy fall food

Even though we still have our AC on full blast here in Arizona, I still wanted to make fall food. I used our Crock pot for Chili and baked a pumpkin pie.

The Crock pot came with a recipe for Chili and I thought I would use it. Well, I don't know what it was but it did not taste good at all, I ended up throwing in some of my own ingredients like rice, salsa and some spices. In the end it was delicious!

I also just threw whatever I wanted into the pumpkin pie recipe, I was using the recipe off the can of pumpkin puree but since I don't like nutmeg I added cinnamon and pumpkin spice, I just sprinkled some in and did not measure, instead of sugar I used splenda. I thought it was the best pie I have ever made. I think it had to do with me forgetting about it in the oven and it overcooked a little making it more firm



My awesome spiderweb table cloth from Kohls. The dishes are corelle that I got new in box at the thrift store.

This mug is my all time favorite mug ever, it has the American flag on it and the words "Land that I Love" :)  its of good weight and it fits perfectly in my hand. I also love the wide handle. It was purchased at the thrift store for .99 cents.

Both the hubby and I are total coffee junkies. we had pumpkin spice coffee with our meal. I swear I'm going to buy tons of the Coffee Mate pumpkin creamer and freeze it so I can have it all year round.

No comments: