Sunday, December 18, 2011

cute "sock" cupcakes for gifts

If you are looking for a cute, cheap and creative gift for someone, you just might like this "sock cupcake"

I saw something similar with cupcake liners but I have no idea how people can get a pair of socks to fit in one.

Its the season for coffee, and that gave me an idea. I would try to make a sock cupcake, using those adorable Starbuck cozies and stirrers.

So I went to Walmart, picked out some very cute cozy socks. Then I headed out to Starbucks, bought gift cards and just took some of their cozies and stirrers.


You can either take off all the tags from the socks or leave them on. for this one, I left the tags on.

Roll the socks


and stuff it into the cozie


Stick the stirrer into the cupcake like so


Isn't it cute? its the Starbucks mermaid

wrap it up with a piece of clear wrap. I got my roll at Micheals with a 40% off coupon ;)



Tie it with some ribbon and then punch a whole in the gift card envelope.


Slide the gift card into the ribbon and tie a bow


Tada! a Starbucks sock cupcake with gift card. Now, who wouldn't want one of these?

I made two because I have two sisters




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!! This is perfect!