Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday, Cooking like Princess Tiana

To celebrate Fat Tuesday we decided to have some Southern food. I got this cookbook last year and we have actually used it quite a bit.
"The Princess and the Frog Tiana's Cookbook Recipes for kids"




tianacook

I highly recommend this book. The food is good and its really neat cooking recipes from the movie. Plus they are really easy


Here are Tiana's Famous Beignets (pronounced "ben-YAYS")They are a traditional New Orleans deep-fried pastry.

IMG_1542

Displayed in my vintage Pyrex. I have ton of pieces I have collected though the years.

love the one that turned out like a heart

IMG_1544

Joe also did some southern cooking with me. He made the Jambalaya, we were going to make the famous Gumbo but I was craving the jambalaya instead.



IMG_1549

"Just a shot of Tabasco, and its the bee's knees" Tiana

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Both of those dishes look delicious!!

Mayra Martinez said...

Wow! That all looks good and festive. I wants some Beignets!!!!