Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tina Cocolina

Adorable book.



I love the illustrations,they are very colorful and Tina is as cute as can be. I have been thinking of making Sophie and Evie a Tina costume for Halloween, yeah I know, its still early in the year but I have always been a planner.  I love that the book has cupcake and frosting recipes at the end, the story itself is kind of awkward. Its about a girl trying to find her cupcake topping in order to enter The Cream of the Top Cupcake contest.

Anyway, since the kids and I were stuck at home we read the book and tried the "Tina Cocolina A Sweet Plain Vanilla Cupcake" recipe. The kids kept putting them on their head just like the characters in the book.

Here they are looking for "their topping" just like Tina.
IMG_2054
Yup, Even used Honey Nut Cheerios.


IMG_2052

and the creations
IMG_2062

IMG_2062

A little heavy on the sprinkles there.

No comments: