Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy st. Patrick's Day

IMG_1645


We had a wonderful Irish feast today. My Mother in Law Edie was over and she always helps with the meal. She makes the best blarney stone cookies ever!

Found some info on our family last name:

The surname Flynn/Flinn comes from the Irish clann name O'Flynn who in ancient times were chiefs in the area known as Munster.


Pretty cool huh? :)

We had the traditional Irish meal of corned beef and cabbage. My kids LOVE cabbage. That's mostly what they ate today.

I tried to ice a shamrock cake but it kept looking like a round cake. I finally gave up and used my fondant. Yayyy for fondant, It was a white cake filled with pistachio pudding. very tasty if I do say so myself.

IMG_1710

I decorated it with skittles, taste the rainbow!

IMG_1716


IMG_1725

Best cookies ever! I swear these things are addicting. I'll have to post the recipe


I also made lemon cupcakes, I got this tea cup and saucer at a garage sale long time ago when we were living on the border of KY and TN. Gosh I miss the south.

IMG_1802

Green mashed potatoes


IMG_1800

corned beef.
IMG_1771

Home made rolls.
IMG_1797

cabbage
IMG_1798

and my kryptonite, watercrest salad.
IMG_1765

IMG_1747

IMG_1730

IMG_1806


IMG_1808


IMG_1753

IMG_1740

IMG_1784

And the family
IMG_1820

Bonus pic of me that the hubby took.

IMG_1795

2 comments:

Shara said...

Everything looks yummy. And you look great..love the pea coat!

Mayra Martinez said...

Wow! You better start the cardio. All that looked super Yummy! great pics too. Love the kids st pattys attire.