Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Thrift store finds

This weekend was  good for thrifting, found some really neat stuff.  Was exited to find more vintage cake cookbooks from the 50's-60's

Photobucket


  Its amazing on what was considered a "good" cake back then. Even if I could replicate it exactly I'm sure it would be sadly featured on Cake Wrecks. For example

These were thought to be good enough to be featured on this book
Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket


This one is plain scary
Photobucket

Although the "Old lady in the shoe" cake is kind of cute, notice the plastic babies on the outside. hahaha
Photobucket

It also has recipes and ideas for cookies, take a look, because I'm so immature LOL
Photobucket


Got a child's cook book "Better Homes and Gardens Junior Cook Book"
adorable Photobucket

some of the illustrations are pretty interesting, check out the cucumber clown?
Photobucket

Another neat dessert book with recipes from many woman from the "Garden Club"
Many interesting recipes such as "mayonnaise cake" that actually sounds kind of good if you ask me.
Photobucket

My favorite find was this one
Photobucket

It has many party ideas for just about any occasion.
Photobucket

And to go with all my vintage cake and cook books I  found vintage Strawberry Shortcake oven mitts and a metal cake carrier



Photobucket
Neat huh?

1 comment:

Mayra Martinez said...

I never find anything at thrift stores down here..especially vintage.